v75 Megastory- Play Unlimited

THANK YOU FOR VISITING OUR FORUMS. MAKE SURE TO REGISTER TO CHAT WITH THE COMMUNITY.
PLEASE VOTE FOR THE SERVER!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

THANK YOU FOR VISITING OUR FORUMS. MAKE SURE TO REGISTER TO CHAT WITH THE COMMUNITY.
PLEASE VOTE FOR THE SERVER!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE OFFICIAL FORUM OF V75 MEGASTORY.

+3
Lazy
inugokashy
Joey
7 posters

Joey's GM Application

Joey
    Joey
    Snail
    Snail

Joey's GM Application Empty Joey's GM Application

Post by Joey Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:10 pm

1. What is your name and IGN? Joey/Joey

2. What is your age? 16

3. Where do you live and your contact information? Toronto, Ontario, Canada

4. Give a little summary about yourself. I like hanging out with friends, playing MapleStory, listening to music, hate school with passion, love computers, love graphic design. Nough said?

5. How long have you been playing (GMS and PS) Maplestory? Total of 3 years for both? Maybe 4? Started playing PS about 2 years ago...

6. How long have you been on Megastory? I have been playing MegaStory for the past 2 weeks.

7. Have you had any prior experience as a GM? Yes. I was a GM on a couple of other servers such as HonteilMS, StraMS and of course my own server JoeyMS (Closed down last summer due to school)

8. How long are you willing to play each day? I play most of the time right now on MegaStory. I come home, eat, do my homework if I have any and either play or go out with friends.

9. Are you friendly with other people? I guess you could say I'm very friendly? I have many friends in real and in-game. I have been to this server for only two weeks but I already feel like this is the server for me.

10. Why we should pick you as a GM? Well, I guess it's because I do have the experiance and I do love this server. Not to mention I helped ban 5 hackers in the short time that I have been playing this server. One of which was BulletPr0of who managed to get 400 rebirths without being caught.

11. Is there anything you are good at to support this server? I am very good at recognizing hackers, the way they talk (if they do, often they don't), the way they dress (Mostly nooby clothes since they don't need much more then that), and the places they train at. I am very cautious about hackers and despise them with all my heart. I am also very good at JQ? Very Happy

12. What WILL you do as a GM in this server? I will organize events for players. I will try to catch as many hackers as I can (Refer to question #11) and will try to make this server as fun as it can be Smile

13. What do you think takes to be a good GM? It takes patiance, honesty, respect, morals and most of all, love for the game.

14. What would you do if you saw someone hacked? Refer to question #10. I don't like hackers at all. If I see a hacker I will ban them on the spot, unless I know the hack has an excuse (Some player wants to have some fun with fly hack, for that it's a warning). Damage hackers I hate, your on a private server, why the need to hack? I will ban damage hackers in an instant.

Anything else you should know?

I am responsible for the banning of 5 hackers already who I have reported to different GMs to ban. Just as of today I am responsible for the banning of FcukLazy who has been doing 2.147b damage at crows. Just yesterday (or two days ago?) I have helped in the banning of BulletPr0of, who has had 400 rebirths and has gotten away with it for so long. 5 Hackers that I have helped bring to banning, 4 of which were never even under suspicion. I think that's pretty impressive for a normal player in such short time.

Anything else?

Nothing more Smile Just do consider it. Thank you and have a nice day.

Last edited by Joey on Fri Oct 01, 2010 3:16 am; edited 1 time in total
    inugokashy
    inugokashy
    Friendly User
    Friendly User

Joey's GM Application Empty Re: Joey's GM Application

Post by inugokashy Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:43 pm

just sayin this guy helped me find 5 hackers,1 day Cool
    Joey
    Joey
    Snail
    Snail

Post by Joey Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:45 pm

inugokashy wrote:just sayin this guy helped me find 5 hackers,1 day Cool

LOL, not all 5 where with you... Or were they? :O I unno Razz
    inugokashy
    inugokashy
    Friendly User
    Friendly User

Post by inugokashy Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:32 am

well i banned 3 of them n saw the rest :p
    Lazy
    Lazy
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Post by Lazy Fri Oct 01, 2010 3:11 am

"I have 3 GMs who would probably support me for GM already and I would gladly take the job."
    NOT needed. I would tell GMs or players to recommend me too, but I would rather let them choose than tell them they should choose me.
    Joey
    Joey
    Snail
    Snail

Post by Joey Fri Oct 01, 2010 3:15 am

Lazy wrote:"I have 3 GMs who would probably support me for GM already and I would gladly take the job."
    NOT needed. I would tell GMs or players to recommend me too, but I would rather let them choose than tell them they should choose me.

True say, will remove. Jus thought it might help... :O
    Lazy
    Lazy
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Post by Lazy Fri Oct 01, 2010 3:20 am

Naw, it won't.
    Lazy
    Lazy
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Post by Lazy Fri Oct 01, 2010 3:24 am

"Not to mention I helped ban 5 hackers in the short time that I have been playing this server. One of which was BulletPr0of who managed to get 400 rebirths without being caught." Gg, but I'm pretty sure lots of players have done it so I don't think this should be here. "I am very good at recognizing hackers, the way they talk (if they do, often they don't), the way they dress (Mostly nooby clothes since they don't need much more then that), and the places they train at. I am very cautious about hackers and despise them with all my heart. I am also very good at JQ? Very Happy" So all you're gonna do is ban hackers? All GMs do that. Isn't there anything else you wanna do? "I will organize events for players. I will try to catch as many hackers as I can (Refer to question #11) and will try to make this server as fun as it can be Smile" Again, only ban hackers and do events? "hack has an excuse (Some player wants to have some fun with fly hack, for that it's a warning)" Don't matter, it's a hack. Hacks don't have excuses. "I am responsible for the banning of 5 hackers already who I have reported to different GMs to ban. Just as of today I am responsible for the banning of FcukLazy who has been doing 2.147b damage at crows. Just yesterday (or two days ago?) I have helped in the banning of BulletPr0of, who has had 400 rebirths and has gotten away with it for so long. 5 Hackers that I have helped bring to banning, 4 of which were never even under suspicion. I think that's pretty impressive for a normal player in such short time." Don't matter, like I've said before.
    Joey
    Joey
    Snail
    Snail

Post by Joey Fri Oct 01, 2010 4:11 am

Well Lazy, if you ask me, I think hacking is a big issue in private servers which has no way to be dealt with without banning. And I understand that all GMs ban hackers, but I guess not all of them do as soon as they can. I'm not saying the GMs are doing a bad job, but if they all did ban them, how did I get 5 of them caught?

You seem to be going against me on this one and I don't know why. But I can assure you I am a very good GM. About the "Banning and events" thing, yea well, sorry that I ran out of things on the list... There isn't much more that I see GMs doing here. As a normal player I do socialize, so it shouldn't be added under the "What WILL you do as a GM in this server?" question since it refers to what I will do as a GM, not as a normal player. A GMs job it to make sure the server is free of hackers and that all players are enjoying the server, and doesn't everyone love events? Yea, thought so.

And yes, I think 5 hackers busted as a normal player is pretty impressive since not many of the regular players (At least not that I see) ever bother actually checking for hackers as they leave it to the GMs to do. Well, I like to sometimes check a little, help the GMs out sometimes. They are busy, I have free time, is it a crime to help?

Also a good example of hacking, is Shane, who was banned yesterday I think, who managed to get the huge amount of 900 REBIRTHS before being banned for damage hacking. If hacking doesn't matter to you that much then I dunno if I could ever change your mind (nor will I ever try) but seriously, 900 rebirths and wasn't busted yet? Normally hackers on every other server I've played were banned before hitting the 50 rebirth mark. I love this server and I want to help ban those hackers that make the game bad for other people. I dunno about you, but I have already been KSed once by a hacker in this server doing 2b damage, I reported him and he got banned. That's my experience, maybe other people are experiencing the same thing too but can't do much about it? Just think of it the way I do.

And when I say "hacks have an excuse" I don't mean like I'll let everyone go hack around just because it's fun for them. No, I guess I just mis-worded it. What I mean is, you get a warning to shut the hack off immediately, if you fail to do so, you will be banned. To be honest, I used to hack on another server, but only for fun, nothing serious (no damage hacks, just flying around), I never got banned, but I did leave. Why am I telling you this? Because not everything has to result in a ban. That's where jail comes in. If a person is fly hacking, they will be sent to jail for a set amount of time. If they come out and still do hack, they will be banned. But again, not everything has to result in a ban.

I hope this cleared some things that you might not like in my app. I do like the fact that you took the time to read it all and write feedback, but next time please try to look at it from my point of view before criticizing. Thank you.
    Lazy
    Lazy
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Post by Lazy Fri Oct 01, 2010 4:34 am

"I'm not saying the GMs are doing a bad job, but if they all did ban them, how did I get 5 of them caught?" What?
    "A GMs job it to make sure the server is free of hackers and that all players are enjoying the server, and doesn't everyone love events? " Didn't answer my question. Of course people love events, but abusing it and doing too many events is not needed. Every player will have everything and that will ruin the server.
    Well Of course, I've gotten people banned. It's nothing to brag about, everybody gets people banned at one point. That's like me going, "YEAH HEY I BANNED 10 HACKERS THIS MONTH YOU SHOULD CHOOSE ME BECAUSE I BANNED MORE HACKERS THAN ANYBODY CHOOSE ME NOW." <--See how not needed that is?

I'm not criticizing it. I have high standards, and I want people to take away their mistakes, not to repeat things, and it's your choice if you wanna make your GM app better or worse.
    Joey
    Joey
    Snail
    Snail

Post by Joey Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:00 am

Well, when did I ever say ALL I'm gonna do is events? And I know events should be done once or twice a day and not every day all day. And I'm not bragging about getting them banned, matter of fact, I'm not bragging at all. What I'm trying to say is that I actually take the time to look for them, unlike as I said MOST (Not all) people would rather leave it to the GMs to find them. And I like to help so why not help the GMs out a little? I never said that you didn't ever help find someone nor am I saying no one else helped. Question is, did you find one cause you randomly went to train and saw one or did you actually take the time to check if anyone is hacking and to report them?

About the whole ""YEAH HEY I BANNED 10 HACKERS THIS MONTH YOU SHOULD CHOOSE ME BECAUSE I BANNED MORE HACKERS THAN ANYBODY CHOOSE ME NOW." <--See how not needed that is?" as I said, I'm not bragging nor did I ever say I should be picked just because of this fact. I just think it's important to show that I do help with the catching of hackers sometimes when I find one. And I thought of something else to add to the list of what I will do as a GM but already do as a normal player, just cause I see your kind of obsessed on this part. I will help other players. I already do help anyone who asks me to help them train, find something or just has a random question to me. If I see a new person walk around the FM and then walks into a training area (Ex. FM1) then I will sometimes follow just to check on them. If I see they might need some help getting through the first levels, I offer my help and party them.

Hope that clears some more things for ya. If you have anymore things to say about me, please do post them here and I will reply. Thank you.
    Lazy
    Lazy
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Post by Lazy Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:35 pm

"Question is, did you find one cause you randomly went to train and saw one or did you actually take the time to check if anyone is hacking and to report them?" Nope, this was when I was looking for hackers with. Aids and Zangetsu. And apparently I found him.

And Lemme finish off the banning 5 hackers part. I don't really find it needed as many players have banned some hackers already. Canop didn't get chosen because he found hackers, it's because he worked hard and helped the server out. And the "donor" GMs are banning hackers too, it's not like they're going to get promoted to Perm GM instead of "donor" GM.

Btw, if you're getting pissed try not to. Because this is how I speak regularly. If you aren't, I'm saying that ^ because it sounds like you are. But I might sound like it too. So, yeah.
    Joey
    Joey
    Snail
    Snail

Post by Joey Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:51 am

Lazy wrote:"Question is, did you find one cause you randomly went to train and saw one or did you actually take the time to check if anyone is hacking and to report them?" Nope, this was when I was looking for hackers with. Aids and Zangetsu. And apparently I found him.

And Lemme finish off the banning 5 hackers part. I don't really find it needed as many players have banned some hackers already. Canop didn't get chosen because he found hackers, it's because he worked hard and helped the server out. And the "donor" GMs are banning hackers too, it's not like they're going to get promoted to Perm GM instead of "donor" GM.

Btw, if you're getting pissed try not to. Because this is how I speak regularly. If you aren't, I'm saying that ^ because it sounds like you are. But I might sound like it too. So, yeah.

Naw bro, I'm not gettin pissed. I like the fact that I get a chance to see my flaws. Hmm, to be honest, just like canop, I try hard to help whoever I can. I guess I don't do it as much as he does but I try when I can. To be honest, I love helping people, and even if I don't get picked for GM I'll still help.
    Lazy
    Lazy
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Post by Lazy Sat Oct 02, 2010 2:47 pm

Try not to compare yourself to Canop, causeee he's the best.♥(;
    Joey
    Joey
    Snail
    Snail

Post by Joey Sat Oct 02, 2010 3:05 pm

Lazy wrote:Try not to compare yourself to Canop, causeee he's the best.♥(;

LOL who said I did? I can't compare myself to him even if I wanna...
    Lazy
    Lazy
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Post by Lazy Sat Oct 02, 2010 7:12 pm

"just like canop" Lmao. Canop still the best.♥[:
    Joey
    Joey
    Snail
    Snail

Post by Joey Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:17 am

Lazy wrote:"just like canop" Lmao. Canop still the best.♥️[:

Fine Sad
    AlvinIsLegit
    AlvinIsLegit
    Snail
    Snail

Post by AlvinIsLegit Sat Oct 09, 2010 4:05 pm

Long conversation... lalala
    inugokashy
    inugokashy
    Friendly User
    Friendly User

Post by inugokashy Sat Oct 09, 2010 5:11 pm

lol
    kevindin
    Snail
    Snail

Post by kevindin Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:56 pm

Make Me Gm
    1.im nice and (ACTIVE).
    2.i help others if they have problems
    3.when theres people to band i will band them
    4.i wont spam
    5.i have been playing Gms for about 4 years now and PS for not even 3 months
    6.if i can get megastory running i will play alot everyday and host events
    7. Make me a Gm!
    GaMeR

Post by GaMeR Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:05 am

kevindin wrote:Make Me Gm
    1.im nice and (ACTIVE).
    2.i help others if they have problems
    3.when theres people to band i will band them
    4.i wont spam
    5.i have been playing Gms for about 4 years now and PS for not even 3 months
    6.if i can get megastory running i will play alot everyday and host events
    7. Make me a Gm!

LOL make a app then. oh and i dun know what you mean by banding ppl Razz
    Jess
    Jess
    Snail
    Snail

Post by Jess Thu Oct 21, 2010 5:49 am

AHAHA thats funny posting how you should be a gm in another persons app its just a little weird? and yeah make an app!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 5:46 am